Speed dating rockford illinois 24 7 free adult sex dating uk
The Army initially contracted for 1,500 units, but 2,605 were eventually assembled.
Bantam ceased motor vehicle production after the last was built in December of 1941 and carried on building trailers, torpedo motors and landing gear.
These hand-built models were part of the first 1/4-ton contract for 70 vehicles (1 pilot model 69 additional after acceptance of the pilot model, to be distributed as follows: 40 for the Infantry, 20 for the Cavalry and 10 for the Field Artillery.). Army Transportation Museum at Fort Eustis, Virginia Specifications: Engine Continental Motor Co.
The successful tests of the Bantam pilot model revealed some weaknesses, and improvements including the more military looking, squared-off front fenders were incorporated into the additional 69 BRC-60 (Bantam Reconnaisance Car) vehicles. BY4112 4 cyl 112cid 45bhp @ 3,500 rpm Torque 86 lbs-ft @ 1800 rpm Transmission 3 speed synchromesh Warner Gear T84 Transfer case Spicer Dana 18 two speed Gear Shift Floor mounted Axles Spicer Dana 4.88:1 23-2 rear, Dana 25 front Wheelbase 80 inches Weight 1,9 Willys Quad Willys built five Quads, according to company records, and delivered two (one with four-wheel steering) for the Army's contract competition in 1940.
For example, if the gasoline tank was directly beneath the driver's seat, combining the two main target areas into one, it would lessen the chance of a catastrophic hit.
By October 1941, it became apparent Willys-Overland could not keep up with production demand and Ford was contracted to produce them as well.
At any rate, the Pygmy was indeed accepted for the tests at Camp Holabird, and the only significant action seen by the Budd-bodied prototype was in parades and war bond rallies.
Willys won the contract mostly due to its more powerful engine (the "Go Devil") which soldiers raved about, and its lower cost and silhouette.
Whatever better design features the Bantam and Ford entries had were then incorporated into the Willys car, moving it from an "A" designation to "B", thus the "MB" nomenclature.
The first vehicle of a 70-vehicle contract, "Old Number One" was tested thoroughly and then spent the rest of its short life as a demo vehicle.
It was wrecked in a traffic accident early in 1941, sent back to Butler and disassembled.