Online sex chat perth
Beer was one of eight men, including the girl's father, who were charged in July last year when the paedophile ring was uncovered by police after a tip-off from a member of the public.
The father, who cannot be named to protect the identity of his daughter, has pleaded guilty to hundreds of charges and is due to be sentenced later this year in the District Court.
The shocking case was described by District Court Judge Philip Eaton as one of the most serious examples of child sexual abuse to ever come before a WA court.
The single father, 42, who lived in Perth’s northern suburbs, met other men through online sites, including Craigslist, and then offered his daughter to the strangers to sexually violate.
The girl, who lived with her father after her parents’ marriage broke up, was aged between 11 and 13 when she was subjected to the abuse over a two-year period from 2013 to 2015.
The man was sentenced to 22-and-a-half years in the WA District Court on Thursday – one of the longest terms imposed by that court – and won’t be considered for parole until December 2036.
The District Court in Perth was told the 42-year-old man met six men through online advertisements and offered the girl to them for sex while he watched or participated.
Some of the abuse was recorded and in one video the girl was heard to say "please stop".
The Attorney-General insisted DAL has been monitored "like a hawk" since his released from custody.
The court heard that in another instance, when the girl protested about being abused, her father chastised her and told her to "start".
Prosecutor Justin Whalley said the man told police in an interview that while he had regrets about what he had done, "it was fun while it lasted".
A heated row has erupted in the WA Parliament after revelations a notorious and dangerous child sex offender was released in Perth without any details being provided about where the man will live in the metropolitan area.
Despite the Supreme Court ordering the offender, known as "DAL", to reside in the city of Geraldton, Attorney-General John Quigley confirmed authorities had granted the man permission to live in Perth instead.